- China sentences Canadian man to death for drug smuggling BBC News
- China sentences Canadian man to death on drug charges The Guardian
- Canadian sentenced to death for drug smuggling in China after appealing 15-year term Mirror Online
- Canadian citizen sentenced to death in China for smuggling drugs Daily Mail
- Canadian sentenced to death in China Financial Times
- View full coverage on Google News
Robert Lloyd Schellenberg's initial 15-year term for drug smuggling was too lenient, a court ruled.
Previous 15-year jail sentence deemed too lenient in ruling likely to deepen diplomatic rift
Robert Lloyd Schellenberg was handed his sentence at Dalian Intermediate People's Court
A Canadian convicted of drug trafficking in China was sentenced to death today, according to Chinese media, amid tensions over Canada's arrest of a Chinese technology executive.