- Forget Theresa May's deal and leave on WTO terms, a dozen ex-Conservative ministers urge MPs Telegraph.co.uk
- Brexit news: ’Parliamentary pygmies like Bercow’ staging coup against Britain – Starkey Express.co.uk
- Fury at 'despot' Speaker as PM's allies admit her fate could rest in his hands amid Brexit revolt Daily Mail
- Brexit has revealed MPs’ flaws – and our own The Guardian
- Bercow and Grieve plotted ‘stitch-up’ in secret meeting before controversial amendment Express.co.uk
- View full coverage on Google News
A dozen former Conservative ministers including Boris Johnson, David Davis and Dominic Raab today urge Tory MPs to vote down Theresa May’s deal and leave the European Union on World Trade Organisation terms.
BRITAIN has a “pygmy Parliament of Pygmies” – with speaker John Bercow the “pygmy-in-chief”, right-wing historian and television presenter David Starkey has said in a stinging attack which also targeted former Tory attorney general Dominic Grieve and ex-Tory MP and journalist Matthew Parris.
John Bercow could effectively end the Prime Minister's career if he allows a 'coup' bid to go ahead that could see the government stripped of control over business in Parliament.
As parliament gears up to vote, its imperfections are obvious, says Isabel Hardman, assistant editor of the Spectator
COMMONS speaker John Bercow has been accused of launching secret plot with Tory rebels to thwart Brexit as it was sensationally revealed he held a secret meeting with Dominic Grieve the night before accepting the Tory’s rebel’s amendment sideswipe.