- Penge crash: Mother dead and baby in life-threatening condition after being hit by car in south-east London Evening Standard
- Mother killed and baby injured after car collides with pram Sky News
- Mother dies and baby hurt in Penge collision BBC News
- Penge crash: Mum killed and baby fighting for life after car in collision with pram Mirror Online
- Mother killed and child she was pushing in pram fighting for life after being hit by car in London Daily Mail
- View full coverage on Google News
A mother has died, with her baby in a life-threatening condition, after they were hit by a car in south-east London. Police were called to Croydon Road, Penge, just after 8pm on Sunday. Officers found the car had collided with the woman and a baby in a pram. Despite the efforts of paramedics, the mother, believed to be in her 20s, was declared dead at the scene.
The driver of the car stopped after the collision and was also taken to hospital, although his injuries are not life-threatening.
The woman and her eight-month-old son were struck by a vehicle in Penge, south London.
The baby is only eight months old, and suffered life threatening injuries
The incident took place in Anerley, South London this evening and when paramedics arrived at the scene on Croydon Road at around 8.08 pm, the mother had already died.