- Remain MPs launch ‘bullet-proof plan to sink Brexit’ if May’s deal is torpedoed The Sun
- Tory Brexiteer appointed to Privy Council by May agrees to back her deal The Independent
- Fury at 'despot' Speaker as PM's allies admit her fate could rest in his hands amid Brexit revolt Daily Mail
- Brexit news: Brexiteer MPs vow support to PM ‘No-deal is inconceivable’ Express.co.uk
- Brexit news: Tory rebels 'plot dramatic coup to seize control of Brexit and sideline Theresa May' after PM's crunch vote on her deal Evening Standard
- View full coverage on Google News
Senior backbenchers want to seize control of Brexit if the PM's deal is defeated tomorrow
A Tory Eurosceptic MP has announced he will back Theresa May’s withdrawal agreement – two weeks after he was appointed to the Privy Council. Sir Edward Leigh, the former chairman of the Public Accounts Committee, said in a statement he now believed it was was “the only way to deliver Brexit”.
John Bercow could effectively end the Prime Minister's career if he allows a 'coup' bid to go ahead that could see the government stripped of control over business in Parliament.
LEAVING the EU without a withdrawal agreement in place is “inconceivable”, Brexiteer MP Sir Edward Leigh has said as he and three other Tory colleagues pledged their support to Prime Minister Theresa May’s divorce plan ahead of Tuesday’s vote – despite having been tipped to be vote against it.
Theresa May is reportedly facing a 'coup' by Remainer rebels to stop Brexit going ahead by overhauling the Commons rulebook. Downing Street is said to be alarmed at the prospect of the bombshell plot that could see the Government stripped of control over business in Parliament. The move, expected to be launched if Mrs May loses Tuesday's crunch vote, would allow backbench