- True Detective season 3, episode 1 - Mahershala Ali DigitalSpy.com
- True Detective recap: season three, episodes one and two – were you paying attention? The Guardian
- True Detective season 3: The real-life cases that inspired HBO crime series The Independent
- True Detective star says season 3 goes "above and beyond" for female characters DigitalSpy.com
- ‘True Detective’ Review: Season 3 Premiere Is All About the Memories, Man IndieWire
- View full coverage on Google News
The Oscar-winning Moonlight star is the big reason to watch new episodes of the HBO series.
Mahershala Ali investigates the case of two missing children in a tricksy, time-shifting third season of the crime drama. Best start taking notes
A new season of True Detective means a new crime to solve – and someone new to solve them. For season three, Mahershala Ali plays detective Wayne Hays, determined to uncover the truth behind the case of 12 and 10-year-old siblings Will and Julie Purcell, who disappeared while riding their bikes in their hometown of West Fingers, Arkansas.