- WhatsApp for Android could get this major upgrade before iPhone users do Express
- New WhatsApp feature will stop snoopers reading your messages with a fingerprint lock The Sun
- WhatsApp for Android to receive fingerprint authentication for security in future update 9to5Google
- WhatsApp possibly adding fingerprint lock to protect chats - Tech News The Star Online
- WhatsApp to get this feature used by payment apps for security Business Today
- View full coverage on Google News
WHATSAPP for Android could receive a major improvement before iPhone users do that aims to make the chatting app more secure, it has emerged.
WHATSAPP is developing a brand new feature that stops people snooping on your messages. You'll soon have the option to scan your fingerprint before reading chats, meaning you can safely pass your phone to friends without worrying about them spying on you.
WhatsApp will receive fingerprint authentication in a future update thanks to details uncovered by the messaging experts at WABetaInfo.
Popular messaging service WhatsApp is reportedly testing fingerprint lock on the app.
The feature has been rolled out in WhatsApp beta update 2.19.3 version for Android devices. It is available for devices running Android Marshmallow or higher and equipped with a fingerprint sensor.